Dental Healthcare workers are obligated to meet necessary standards to implement and maintain a safe and healthy work environment. This mandated course promotes insight into current ADA, CDC and OSHA regulations related to transmission of bloodborne and aerosol diseases, infection control practices, effective and safe use of chemical disinfectants, safe sharps practices, and proper selection and use of personal protective equipment. Discussion includes policies and procedures that are required for dental practices.
Upon completion of this course participants will:
- Distinguish areas and procedures of potential risk and injury in the workplace.
- Develop strategies and utilize protective measures to reduce the risk of injury and disease transmission in accordance with OSHA and CDC guidelines.
- Design and implement policies and procedures required for employees to follow regarding Exposure and Post Exposure Control situations.
- Recognize the need for and demonstrate the proper selection and use of personal protective equipment
Lecture / Power Point/ Handouts/ Post test
Cathie Collier firstname.lastname@example.org
Onsite Training and Fees:
- $450.00 – up to 5 employees
- $85.00/each additional participant
- In offices sessions require a minimum of 3 hrs.
- Live in-offices sessions include a walk-through assessment of facilities and a updated Office Policies and Procedure Manual.
- 3 CE credits are provided upon completion for live presentation
Live Webinar Training: 2 hours session
- This interactive session allows participants to speak directly with the instructor and includes a Q and A Session with instructor. Policies manual not included.
- Fee for Policies Manual is: $85.00.
- 2 CE credits provided
On Demand Video Training:
- 1-hour session
- 1 CE credit provided
About Your Instructor:
Cathie Collier, RDH, MS, received her bachelor’s degree in dental Hygiene Education from the Fones School at the University of Bridgeport, where she later served as DH Clinical Coordinator. Her recent accomplishment earned her a master’s degree in health and Healing. Cathie is a national lecturer and frequently lectures on topics such as OSHA, HIPAA, Medical Emergencies and CPR.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
Payment is due at the completion of the course. Offices must provide 24-hour notice if cancellation is necessary. If rescheduling is not an option or can’t be arranged within a reasonable time agreed upon by the office and A Healthy Education, a refund will be provided for offices that have paid in advance.